Lunch is better when we eat together.
Excited to be sharing three home-cooked lamb dishes I came up with during my recent Spring feast! Let me know your thoughts if you decide to try any of them out.
SLOW COOKED LAMB WITH ROSEMARY
2 RED ONIONS
1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
1 BULB GARLIC, CLOVES SEPARATED
SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
3-4 STALKS ROSEMARY
1 TBSP CORIANDER SEEDS, ROUGHLY GROUND IN A PSTLE & MORTAR
1 CUP OF STOCK
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place the olive oil, coriander seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the lamb and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the lamb, skin-side up, in a large baking dish. Add the garlic, rosemary sprigs, marinade and stock. Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 2 hours and 30 minutes with the onions and potatoes. Remove the foil and roast for a further 30 minutes or until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the garlic and garnish with rosemary stalk. Serves 4–6.
Warm Lamb Salad
1 BAG OF FRESH ROCKET
HANDFUL OF OLIVES IN OLIVE OIL
SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES PRESERVED IN OLIVE OIL
SLICED LAMB SHOULDER
- Wash the rocket and combine with olive oil, slow roasted tomatoes and sliced lamb shoulder and toss.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar on the side.
ROSEMARY & GARLIC LAMB BURGERS WITH BEETROOT JAM
2 GARLICE CLOVES CHOPPED
4 TSP FINELY CHOPPED ROSEMARY
1KG OF LAMB MINCE
SASKIA BEER BEETROOT JAM
HANDFUL OF ROCKET
Crush the garlic, rosemary salt and pepper with a pestle and mortar to make a paste. Add to the lamb and mix in well with your hands. Divide the mixture and mould it into round burgers. Add olive oil and lamb mixture to a hot pan turning frequently, until cooked to your liking. Split the rolls or bread, toast lightly on one side, spread with beetroot jam. Add the burgers tomatoes and rocket.